Sunday, May 27, 2007

JVM Languages: The Future

I've started a Google Group for all those interested in the future of alternative languages (i.e. not Java) on the JVM. A number of you knew this was coming, and I've already invited folks that expressed an interest in my RedMonk Unconference session at JavaOne. The rest of you are also invited.

Please plan to talk shop about language implementation strategies, pain points on the JVM, and what we can do to build a common set of libraries, frameworks, and patterns to ease and improve the Java platform's support for many languages. The time for action is now, my friends, and we have a wealth of information across all our language projects to draw from. We must come together to build a stronger base for everyone to stand upon.

I welcome you to the future.

No comments: